It is first in the series of Ekphrastic Poetry. I was introduced to this form of poetry by the mighty talented Phil. For us starters, it refers to using a picture/painting as an inspiration for a poem and writing a piece celebrating the picture. You can find some of the most amazin’ art work by Phil at his site by clicking here. I loved the picture and the words just kept flowing.
The cracks deepened every day
A silent tear always escaped
In memory of the forever heart
That spoke of timeless love and hope
The loss of a loved one
Kills the beauty of a blossoming heart
Where there was love and smile
Now lives a heart that I despise
No emotions to feel,
No love to give,
The heart laments its own death.
No one to brood,
No one to cry,
The broken heart silently cries.
Once again, the colors change in the sky
Again, I know what it feels to be alive
People come and they slowly go
Time heals and heart grows.
The broken shards of the hollow heart
Fuse together to become what it was
Still faded and a little jarred
Yet, sparks hope of a new start.
I look at the reflection within
There are two hearts fused in one
A silent and broken piece
Gives way to the melody of love.
Only love can heal lost love
So long I was mourning
The death of my heart
That I failed to spot
The beginning of a start.
You spark hope and love in me
I once again crave to smile again
Your glowing heart instills life in me
As you fuse the two pieces into one.
Slowly my heart blossoms again
Love spreads its smile wide and bright
The broken piece speaks of loss;
Of the ones I shall never forget
And the glowing beauty of the fused heart
Tells a tale of hope and love
Because when you feel you have lost it all
Life breaks through all your walls.
Another story then unfolds
And the cycle forever repeats
Timeless times have passed
Every heart is a new start.
- Poetry is Not For Rushing (queeroticpoetry.wordpress.com)
- Your Star In The Night (ashadeofpen.wordpress.com)
- A four-lettered something called LOVE… (lavinasblog.wordpress.com)
- Poetry Corner #3 – Redemption by Paul Matthias (paulmatthias.wordpress.com)
- Is love just a dream or wonderful fairy tale (4valentines4words4poetryforyou.com)
- Just some “simple poetry” (thoughtsalonglifeshighway.com)
- “What is poetry?” (breathedisaster.wordpress.com)
- A Broken Heart – Begin to Heal Now (janrmiesse.com)
- To Mend A Broken Heart (thinkandscrawl.wordpress.com)
- A Broken Heart (heartbreakpoem.wordpress.com)